1. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
2. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
3. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
1. firmly resolved or determined; set in purpose or opinion.
2. characterized by firmness and determination, as the temper, spirit, actions, etc.
Look at the two versions of the word resolution above. I like “resolute” better. Resolute is a verb–a moving verb. Resolution is a noun and more passé or forgive me, wimpy. Who really keeps their New Year’s resolution(s)? Only 46% will keep their resolutions.
Resolve to follow the Lord, live life as Jesus would expect, and to grow your faith and trust in 2012.
Now, what are the changes you resolve to make in 2012? Comment below.